Senior Systems Test Engineer
Are you intrigued by the challenge of developing and executing tests for cutting-edge robotics? Do you have a knack for building automated test systems that bridge the gap between hardware and software? Are you skilled at analyzing data to extract meaningful insights from complex systems?
As a Systems Test Engineer at Collaborative Robotics, you will be instrumental in both the development and execution of tests for our robotic systems. This role requires a unique blend of skills in software development, hardware handling, and data analysis. You will be responsible for building and maintaining test automation, conducting robust hardware testing, and analyzing test data to ensure the reliability and performance of our robots.
Collaborative Robotics is a team of innovators and builders redefining the future of human-robot interaction. We are working to realize a world where robots are a trusted extension of your surroundings. They work, adapt, and react around you. Not the other way around.
This role is located at our San Francisco Bay Area, California office onsite.
- Develop and implement automated test systems for our robotics hardware and software.
- Execute detailed testing processes, including robot stress tests and sub-system reliability assessments for new functionalities.
- Utilize software development tools to enhance test automation capabilities.
- Handle hardware components confidently during testing phases.
- Analyze test data using advanced data analysis and statistical methods to derive actionable insights.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure a smooth onboarding and integration of test processes.
- Play a key role in the setup and enhancement of our test infrastructure.
- Contribute to continuous improvement in testing strategies and methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 5 years of experience in developing and deploying test systems for multidisciplinary products.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement automated test systems.
- Familiarity with existing industry test automation frameworks and their applications.
- Proficiency in Python or other equivalent scripting languages.
- Solid experience with Linux operating systems.
- Background in working with robotics or complex hardware/software systems.
- Skills in data analysis, statistics, and data collection or annotation.
- Excellent communication skills and a highly motivated team player.
- Enthusiasm for working in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Willingness to travel occasionally as required.
- Experience with robotic operating systems (ROS) or similar software environments.
- Expertise in reliability testing, hardware fault testing, and reliability statistics.
- A deep understanding of hardware and software components, particularly in robotics or complex systems.
The annual base salary range for this role is 160,000-$190,000. See below for additional total compensation package information.
Collaborative Robotics is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Collaborative Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.
To all recruitment agencies: Collaborative Robotics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees. Collaborative Robotics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our full-time compensation package includes base salary plus equity and comprehensive benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role and experience level. The range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the noted geographic area. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.