Software Development Engineer in Test
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
FarmWise is a cutting-edge robotic agricultural company focused on revolutionizing the way farming is done. We develop advanced robotic systems equipped with state-of-the-art camera perception technology, enabling precision agriculture and sustainable farming practices.
Position Overview: We are seeking a talented and innovative Software Development Engineer specializing in the development of diagnostic tools and testing applications to join our dynamic engineering team. As a key contributor, you will play a crucial role in designing, implementing, and maintaining software solutions that enhance our product quality and streamline the testing process. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating efficient diagnostic tools and testing frameworks to ensure the reliability and performance of our software products.
- Build test infrastructure to validate system operation across system elements. Performance in the area of communications, latency, system jitter, resiliency to in system updates, etc.
- Design and develop system and subsystem level diagnostics, automated test frameworks, scripts, and applications.
- Design and develop performance, stress, longevity, and integration tests
- Define, design, and develop tooling needed to support software and system QA test cases.
- Create and maintain Docker containers for test environments, ensuring consistency and reproducibility.
- Participate in code reviews to identify and provide feedback on testability and quality of software code.
- Work closely with software development teams to analyze and resolve complex technical issues and contribute to improving software design and quality.
- Work in an agile software development team with very high production quality standards.
- Manage bug lifecycle and collaborate with inter-groups to drive for solutions.
- Implement test cases and scenarios to validate software functionality and performance
- Integrate testing tools into the CI/CD pipeline to enable automated testing.
- Work closely with DevOps to optimize and enhance the CI/CD process
- Provide support and assistance in executing test plans and analyzing results
Qualifications and Skills:
- 7 years + in coding/development experience, ideally in SDET roles
- 4+ years experience in developing infrastructure and frameworks around software testing
- Meaningful hardware in the loop testing experience
- Clear and precise communication and collaboration skills
- Able to translate product and engineering requirements into real-world test plans
- Proactive team contributor
- Solid understanding of electrical and other hardware inputs for firmware and software development
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity
- Flexible PTO & 8 company-wide holidays
- Generous Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision), including FSA and HSA options
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Free catered lunch and plenty of snacks