Remote Support Engineer - West
Headquartered in sunny Los Angeles, GrayMatter Robotics is a well-capitalized AI robotics startup serving the manufacturing industry. We empower shop floor workers with our smart robots that assist with tedious and ergonomically challenging tasks, specifically in automated surface finishing. Our proprietary GMR-AI™ software is integrated with state-of-the-art industrial robots, sensors, and tools to create application-specific turnkey solutions for customers through a Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) model.
We help manufacturers improve the quality of life for their workforce while increasing production capacity, and reducing scrap, repair, and rework costs. As a Remote Support Engineer, you will join our Customer Success team to provide ongoing support for our products and customers based on the west coast. Occasionally, you will be required to visit our headquarters in Gardena, CA as well as our customer sites within the Southern California region.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Remote Support Engineer, you will be responsible for investigating, triaging, and troubleshooting complex issues affecting our customers along with collecting customer requirements & feedback, working with internal engineering teams to improve the product, and identifying new opportunities within the customer account.
- Own the evening shift from 5pm - 2am PT, Sunday - Friday and maintain flexible working hours that match the manufacturing production hours of customers
- Respond to customer emails and calls on the use of the system
- Work with the product and engineering teams to improve both the customer experience as well as the Field Application Engineer experience
- Monitor the live robots at customer sites and resolve technical issues
- Log descriptions of all tickets and document troubleshooting procedures
- Collaborate cross functionally with Robotics Software, Hardware, and other teams on product deployments
- Triage, and resolve complex technical issues related to customer deployments
- Provide superior customer service to all customers
- Deliver feedback to the engineering team and work with them to improve the efficiency of products
- BS or Technical Degree in IT, Engineering (or related discipline) or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years experience demonstrating hands-on Software/Hardware skills, providing technical support
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Linux environments and remote support tools
- Ability to communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing
- Perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively
- Willingness to work the graveyard shift of remote support
- Must secure work authorization in the United States and maintain ongoing work authorization beginning at the time of hire through the entirety of employment
- Familiar with industrial facilities and equipment
- Basic experience with ROS, Python, and/or C++ coding
- Certification(s) in CompTIA A+, Network+, CISA, CISSP or similar
GrayMatter Robotics provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage and embrace applicants of all backgrounds to apply!
GrayMatter Robotics is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you believe you require accommodations during the recruiting process, please contact email@example.com to submit your request.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation for this position includes the base salary range of $67,000-$75,000 USD plus equity. We also provide comprehensive benefits and perks which include but are not limited to unlimited PTO, 401(k) plan + employer match, regular offsite events, a discretionary fund for enhancing productivity and so much more! The range listed on job postings reflect the minimum and maximum new hire salary across levels in Los Angeles, CA.