Los Angeles, CA, USA · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, October 5, 2022
As the Vice President of Engineering (VPE) at Regard, you’ll take on far-ranging responsibilities to manage, lead, and grow the software engineering team. You will play a core role collaborating with engineering and product to continuously improve the organization and processes as we scale up the team.
To be successful as a VPE, you should have prior organizational leadership experience, be able to collaborate with team members, and be a strategic problem-solver. Ultimately, a top-notch VPE should demonstrate excellent communication skills, an ability to connect with other engineers and developers, and have a solid foundation in software design to ensure the engineering team hits its goals and is doing excellent work.
Our mission is to bring world-class healthcare to everyone. Regard is the world’s first comprehensive, automated diagnosis tool. Regard streamlines clinical and revenue cycle efforts to dramatically improve hospital finances, patient safety, and physician happiness. We are excited by challenges, mission-oriented work, and meaningful relationships. We work closely with some of the top health systems in the country and are leading the change that healthcare - one of the largest and most inefficient industries in the world - needs. We want you to join us.
In a typical week, you may:
- Lead the team through management and mentorship, keeping the team motivated and highly productive; pushes our people to be their best.
- Scale the engineering department to a multi-team organization.
- Recruit world‐class engineering talent and participate in the full recruitment process, including sourcing, attracting, screening, and closing high-caliber candidates.
- Develop standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
- Run one-on-ones, feedback, and reviews for the engineering team.
- Recommend technological developments and improvements.
- At least 5 years as a manager of a team of at least 30.
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Experience scaling up engineering teams.
- Experience in recruiting engineers and contributors.
- Previous working experience in software design and developing customer-oriented platforms.
- Familiarity with Python, Flask, Celery, React, Typescript, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres
- Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
- Based in LA or based in SF and willing to travel to be in person at a regular frequency
Our goal at Regard is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. Regard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are proud of our supportive, inclusive workplace.